What do you get when you combine bacon and chocolate chip cookies? The best sweet and salty treat on the planet!
*This post may contain affiliate links. You can read more about my disclosures policy here*
Every so often I get an intense craving for salty and sweet. Can I get an amen? I know I’m not the only one who dips pretzels in Nutella or who puts mini chocolate chips in my popcorn or who’s experimented with chocolate covered potato chips. Don’t give me that look! I know you know what I’m talking about!
So when I realized we had a few strips of bacon left and some chocolate chips in the pantry and I’d been digging through the closet for a salty sweet treat all afternoon I knew. I just knew I had to do it. And these babies were better than I could have possibly dreamed. My only regret about these cookies is that I didn’t have enough bacon to make a double batch! These will definitely be going on my regular cookie rotation!
Whenever I get a hankering for chocolate chip cookies I always resort to using my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe from my Mrs. Field’s cookie cookbook. The same one I used in my Egg-less Chocolate Chip Cookies. They come out perfect every single time when I use my faaaaavorite cookie scoop. I dunno how people who love cookies or cupcakes or donut holes live without a cookie scoop in at least 3 different sizes in their kitchen!
I mean come on people. If your mouth isn’t watering by now I’m not sure we can be friends. Well, maybe we can be. More cookies for me! These cookies are a delicious sweet and salty surprise. You bite into and you’re thinking “mmm chocolate chip cookies” then you hit a piece of bacon and you think “what magic is this?! bacon?!” They’re just that good.
Don’t believe me? Try them yourself and see how long they last in your house. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 strips thick cut bacon cooked crisp
- Place bacon on foil lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Chop/crumble bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together sugars and butter. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add in flour mixture and mix well. Then add chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Fold in chopped bacon with a spatula.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.