Raspberry Panna Cotta Shooters are a surprisingly simple, make ahead dessert that will be perfect for your next dinner party or get together!
A few weeks ago we found some Silk dairy-free yogurt on sale at the grocery store. The roomie got me hooked on this stuff last year because it’s got a similar protein count to Greek yogurt without leaving that filmy feeling in your mouth. I thought she was just being silly until I had some Greek yogurt the other week and she was right!
So now I’m on a continuous hunt for this stuff on sale because it is GOOD! And if you use your favorite dairy-free milk it makes this whole recipe vegan! Unless you’re one of those vegans who doesn’t eat honey. Or gelatin. Ok maybe this recipe isn’t really vegan but it sure is yummy!
In our mad scramble to buy this yogurt on sale we didn’t realize we’d bought plain rather than vanilla. And let’s just say that the plain is…plain. What?! 😉 Which makes it a little hard to eat just by itself for breakfast. Some fresh berries and granola can only take a girl so far.
Rather than let it go to waste I decided to repurpose into this delicious panna cotta inspired by Brian over at Krumpli. I’m kind of in awe of Brian because 1) his photos are so stinkin’ gor-geous and 2) about 8 years ago he and his wife packed up everything they owned and moved from the UK to Hungary and now grow all their own food. Goals.
I can’t honestly say that my dream is to grow my own food. Let’s be honest, I’d probably kill it. But I am waiting patiently for the day when I can pack up all my stuff and move to my dream city. While Brian lives in his quaint Hungarian cottage growing his own food and shooting delicious dishes he rarely ever makes a dessert. That’s why I knew that I just had to jump on this panna cotta. And I was not disappointed.
Even with my substitute of the dairy-free yogurt for regular the taste was spot on and the shooters are the perfect size! This recipe makes enough for a dinner party and your guests will never guess how simple panna cotta is. Just sit back and pretend that you spent all day making this fancy schmancy dessert. And if you really wanna impress people, tilt your jars while your panna cotta sets like Brian did for that pretty heart look!
- 5 oz Yogurt I used dairy-free
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs Milk
- 3 Tbs Honey
- 1 packet Powdered Gelatin
- 3 Tbs Milk
- 6 Tbs Raspberry Jam
- Combine yogurt, milk, and honey in a small sauce pan over medium heat and cook just until bubbles form around the edges.
- While yogurt mixture is heating combine 3 Tbs milk and gelatin, mixing until combined and then adding to your warmed yogurt mixture. Stir well.
- Simmer over medium heat, but don't boil, for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour into your shot glasses* and tilt if desired. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Top with raspberry jam just before serving.
*I used 2 oz shot glasses