Semi-homemade cream cheese danish are the perfect addition to your Sunday brunch. And with only 6 ingredients they’re super simple, too!
Breakfast and brunch are seriously my two favorite meals of the day. I LOVE breakfast food. I could eat breakfast for dinner at least once a week. But it’s also fun to have someone over for brunch, too. A couple weekends ago my friend Sara came over for brunch and I may or may not have totally forgotten about it until the day before.
So I was stuck thinking of something to make super last minute. And really going for easy so I could just pop in and out of the grocery store on a Friday afternoon and then get home to my jammies and a glass of wine. The best brunches have the perfect mix of savory and sweet foods so I thought I’d get a little fancy and go for a pastry. But fancy pastries do not equal quick and easy. Unless you do them the semi-homemade way!
Using crescent rolls as the pastry dough vessel for the sweat and creamy cream cheese filling is the best idea I’ve had in awhile. They puff up but also hold their shape and who wouldn’t oooh and ahhh when they saw homemade cream cheese danish on your brunch table? They don’t need to know the whole thing took you less than 30 minutes.
Don’t be impatient like me. Wait for the cream cheese to come to room temperature and the difference in texture will impress you. Ok, ok…you can be a little bit impatient and microwave your cream cheese for about 45 seconds. Just make sure you stir, stir, stir to get all the lumps out and ensure a smooth, creamy filling.
Do you have a favorite breakfast or brunch treat?
- 1 8 oz can of crescent rolls
- 4 oz of cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbs sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove crescent roll from the packaging but be careful not to unroll or tear, you want it to maintain that cylindrical shape. Cut into 6 equal pieces and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Using your fingers make an indentation in each piece.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and sour cream until smooth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.