Make Game Day festive with 5 easy recipe ideas and a sweet ice cream cake!
For all college sports fans there is a lull between the end of the season bowl games and the beginning of college basketball tournaments that seems a bit empty. A void that is perfectly filled by none other than The Big Game. But as you’re winding down from all your bowl game festivities and thinking ahead to the perfect tourney time snacks the last thing you want to do is find yourself slaving away over more complicated game snacks.
You need a snack break.
So instead of slaving away over homemade meatballs here are 5 effortless recipes perfect for game day:
1. Caprese bites. These bad boys have only 2 ingredients if you skip the herbed olive oil. But why would you do that??
2. Football cookies. Seriously how cute are they? They’re also stupid easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
3. Whipped feta cheese spread. You had me at feta with this dip every time. Plus that crunchiness from the pecans and the sweetness from the cranberries. YUM!
4. Spicy Toasted Almonds. Never buy an expensive jar of flavored nuts again when you can make your own in less than 10 minutes!
5. Rosemary pineapple mozzarella bites. Sweet, salty, flavorful, this simple dish has it all.
And then if you’re weird like me it’s never too cold for ice cream. Which makes even Game Day (smack in the middle of winter) the perfect time to enjoy a slice of creamy ice cream cake. This ice cream OREO cake from I Love Ice Cream Cakes makes the perfect easy, delicious dessert to serve to friends and family for The Big Game. Seriously, how can you go wrong with ice cream??
Keep an eye out at your local bakery freezer for the Carvel Game Ball Ice cream cake which would make your sweet Game Day celebrations even sweeter with layers of vanilla and chocolate ice cream, chocolate crunchies, and fresh whipped frosting…all shaped like a football!
Whatever cake you buy be sure to dress it up with a fun and simple decoration like this easy goal post made out of straws. But you could also make a sweet banner with some bakers twine, cardstock, and straws, too!
The Big Game is here in less than a week so don’t wait to snag one of these amazing cakes for your guests. Find an I Love Ice Cream Cakes cake nearest you here and don’t forget to grab this coupon before you shop!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.