Get dinner on the table in less than ten minutes with these easy 10 minute weeknight burritos! Burritos so easy you won’t believe you actually made them!
Senior year of college my sister decided to stop eating red meat and pork. She just couldn’t give up fish or chicken though and as a busy college student she practically lived on Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken. She always had a bag in her freezer and whether she was adding it to her favorite mac and cheese, layering it in a wrap, or using it in an original recipe she loved that it fit perfectly into her schedule. This one is for you, sis!
Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken pairs perfectly with Birds Eye Protein Blends. Bonus? They ALL heat up super fast in the microwave or oven. Now, y’all know I’m not much of a microwave chef. I just love my one pot meals and crock pot creations too much but sometimes you just need something faster than you can get from your trusty one pot or crock pot. Can I get an amen from the busy momma’s out there?
So when you literally have 10 minutes to get dinner on the table you can use Tyson and Birds Eye to get dinner ready in a snap and still make your meeting or soccer practice or gym class with time to spare. And let’s just give a huge thank you to Chef Mic for saving us from the drive thru on this one, shall we? I love that the Birds Eye bags are made to go straight into the microwave, so while that’s doing it’s thing on the little magical turntable you can be prepping the chicken in your favorite glass bowl. I like to use my Pyrex (aff) mixing bowl because it’s got that handle that won’t get too hot.
Minus all the serving fixings this recipe has just five ingredients. Uh, winning! I’m not even kidding you that you’ll have this meal on the table and in those hungry mouths in just 10 minutes. I’m not saying you should time yourself but…you should time yourself. You’ll be impressed. The husband will be impressed. Your kids might even be impressed! Or at least happy that dinner is ready 😉
I love that Tyson has a couple different cuts available and they all taste great. I love to use the pulled chicken for casseroles, the diced chicken for a super quick chicken salad, and the slices for wraps and salad, but the money is in the super versatile whole fillets. You can do anything with the fillets and they’re crazy flavorful. Birds Eye has four different flavors that pair great with the seasoned chicken! I went with the southwest blend cause I’m a freak for Mexican food but if you’re a lover of edamame you should try the California blend.
Have you tried Tyson Grilled & Ready or Birds Eye products before? Visit Tyson.com for more great recipes!
IngredientsYield: 8 servings
- 8 flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Tomatoes (optional for serving)
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 2 Tbs cumin
- 1 bag Birds Eye Southwest Style Protein Blends, or 2 bags to serve some on the side
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken breast fillets
- Place Birds Eye pouch into microwave and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen chicken, salsa, cumin, and garlic powder to a glass bowl and once Birds Eye Protein Blend is finished microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Shred or chop chicken into bite sized pieces then carefully tear open Protein Blend pouch and add to the chicken mixture, stirring well.
- Spoon mixture into the center of your tortillas, top with desired toppings, and roll up into a burrito.
- Serve with more Protein Blend on the side.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EverydayEffortless #CollectiveBias