Like it? Share it with friends!
Sweet and salty is a winning combination and these potato chip cookies are perfect for your Game Day party this year!
With college football officially over thanks to Clemson winning the national championship last night (go ACC!) I can look ahead to the next thing in football land. The Big Game. It’s been a few years since I’ve had a game day party thanks to my life without cable. But since our recent move set me up with basic cable channels I can enjoy the game in style this year. And with some delicious food to boot.
If you’ve been following this blog for any length of time then you know by now that I have a tiny obsession with the salty sweet flavor profile. I’m not sure what it is but I cannot get enough of peanut butter and chocolate, candied bacon, salted caramel, sea salt dark chocolate, fruit and nut trail mix. You name a sweet and salty combo, I’ve tried it. And most likely fell head over heels for it.
Which is why when I had the opportunity to make a game day snack with Idaho Spuds I skipped over the savory and went right for a sweet and salty treat. And I am not sad about it.
Pecans for a little crunch, chocolate for a little sweet, potato chips folded right into the batter. And Idaho Spuds potato flakes baked into the shortbread-like cookie. I won’t lie. I was a little nervous it would taste like I tossed some pecans and chocolate chips on top of a bowl of mashed potatoes.
But I was SO wrong. These cookies were sweet, salty, and a little chewy thanks to the potato flakes. So if you need a perfect game day snack to satisfy your sweet tooth then you should definitely whip up these potato chip cookies for a twist on a classic combination!
And if you want to make YOUR Big Game experience epically memorable this year then click here to vote for your favorite Game Day recipe and get a chance to choose your own Boise adventure. Big flavor. Big game. Big adventure.
- 1 cup butter,, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar,, plus more for flattening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Idaho Spuds potato flakes
- 1/2 cup pecans,, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup potato chips,, crushed*
- In a stand stand mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and potato flakes and mix until dough forms a ball.
- Gently fold in pecans, chocolate chips, and potato chips.
- Using a medium 2oz cookie scoop drop dough onto a greased or lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using the bottom of a glass (I used a wine glass), dip glass in sugar and press onto the top of the cookie to flatten it into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.