A burger patty stuffed with shredded cheese and bacon is a fun take on the classic bacon cheeseburger, especially when you serve it slider style.
These burgers have become such a fast favorite that we now make them whenever our fave friends come over. We’ve just learned not to let the bestie be in charge of making them. Otherwise you end up with a burger the size of your head. Literally. I think we all left that night wondering if we’d ever be hungry for burgers again…so now I just go ahead and make them slider sized!
I love sliders because you can eat as few or as many as you like without worrying about wasting any food. I always feel like a burger and a half for some reason and half a burger ends up in the trash with a traditional sized burger. Sliders are also great for bbqs and picnics because they’re small enough you can carry them around. Who needs plates??
When the I saw that this month’s monthly ingredient challenge ingredient was bacon I squeaked with happiness! I couldn’t contain myself! Stuffing bacon inside of a burger just sounded like the most brilliant idea I’d have in awhile. Maybe I was trying to urge summer a little faster by making a burger dying to be cooked on the grill. Maybe I just was really craving some red meat. Maybe I had to use the ground beef before it went bad. Whatever the reason, these burgers were born and probably the only reason I wanted to stuff the burger with bacon and cheese is so I could well…not have to clean up burnt cheese off the frying pan. There I said it. It’s even worse on the grill. Am I the only one who hates scraping cheese guts off the grill?
Anyway, shredded cheese and crispy crumbled bacon surrounded by perfectly seasoned ground beef certainly offered a nice surprise. And also didn’t leave the bacon falling off or being consumed in just two bites. Each bite of burger offered the perfect beef to cheese to bacon ratio and it was divine. I think I’ve revolutionized the way I eat bacon cheeseburgers for the rest of my life. It was like the heaven’s opened up and…ok. This might be a sign that I shouldn’t write blog posts before eating dinner…Make the burgers y’all. And thank me later 😉
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, I use 80/20 for juicy burgers
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs Season All
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- In a medium sized bowl mix together ground beef, egg, and Season All until well combined.
- Separate into 6 equal pieces and roll into a ball. Press into ball with your thumbs to create a large indentation, pinching up to make the well deep enough to fit cheese inside.
- Add about 1 Tbs shredded cheese and crumbled bacon to the well you made and pinch beef to see. Roll carefully between your hands into a ball and flatten into a patty, making sure edges are sealed.
- Cook in leftover bacon grease in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. 3 minutes per side for medium and 5 minutes per side for well done.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings and serve on a toasted bun.