Orange liqueur and peaches shine in this decadent but simple semi-homemade brunch recipe.
Hi all I’m Whitney from That Square Plate and I’m so excited to be here today sharing this delicious brunch recipe with you! Thanks to Meaghan for having me 🙂 I’ve never really been a huge breakfast eater, but for the past few months, I’ve been on a creative kick in the mornings. This dish was inspired by the all too popular apple dumplings recipe that my best friend made for me years ago. Its super simple and requires wrapping up apple slices in a crescent roll, then baking in the oven with plenty of sugar and cinnamon. How can that be bad, right?
I live close to the beaches in Alabama, so I’m obsessed with summer and summer flavors. The peach and blueberry are a great combo that make me dream of summer even if it’s the middle of winter! I wrap the peaches in store bought crescent rolls to make this dish a little more filling, and it’s great as an indulgent breakfast or dessert. Per Meaghan’s suggestion I added some booze to the recipe. It’s a weekend breakfast right?! So booze is ok at any time of the day! Ha!
OK, it’s not that much, but I did add a few tablespoons of Grand Marnier to the cream cheese icing for these bad boys and the result was genius. I love adding touches of liqueur to certain desserts, and just got some RumChata I’m pretty excited about cooking into some cookies or brownies or something, we’ll see! Until then, here is my yummy breakfast (or dessert) recipe for these peach croissants.
- 1 8 oz pkg. original crescent rolls
- 2 pieces peaches pitted and sliced into 8 each
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white for brushing crescents
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Blueberries for garnish
- Sliced oranges for garnish
- In a medium bowl mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add peaches to bowl and toss to coat with mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Unroll crescent dough, separate into triangles, and add peaches to the large end of the triangle. Spoon any excess brown sugar mixture over the peaches.
- Fold the skinny end over the peaches and tuck under, then bring the other two corners over the top and pinch together. (Make sure peaches aren’t hanging out too much, don’t want the good stuff to fall out when baking). Brush the top with egg white.
- Add to preheated oven and bake for about 8-11 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Mix cream cheese, liqueur, vanilla and powdered sugar together in a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer). Add 2 tablespoons milk and continue to mix until smooth. Add more milk if you need to thin it out more (I ended up adding about 4 tablespoons.) Transfer to a squeeze bottle or just spread onto the warm crescents out of the oven. Serve with blueberries and sliced oranges.