If you’re rocking the single life on Valentine’s Day then you definitely have to try this spicy honey lime shrimp pasta for one!
If I’d had this genius idea sooner I would have done a whole “Valentine’s Day for One” series this year so that I could revel in my newfound single freedom. And encourage all the other single Valentine’s Day hotties out there. Not that the being single thing is new for me but the reveling definitely is.
‘Cause if you’re anything like me you’ve spent quite some time lamenting over being single on Valentine’s Day. No one to send you flowers or buy you candy or take you out to dinner or cuddle with by the fire. Can you still find the Netflix Yule log in February?
But if I’ve learned anything from Level 29 of my life it’s that you don’t need someone else to make you happy or give your life meaning or any of those other annoying yet true cliches you hear all. the. time.
But seriously being single is awesome. Example:
1. You don’t have to compromise on what to watch on Netflix.
2. No shaving required.
3. Chocolate cake for one is the best kind of cake.
4. Half Price Candy Day (aka February 15th) is where it’s at!
I started with dessert this year. And you’re welcome. Because a single serve chocolate cake that is NOT made in a mug and still has delightful amounts of frosting is probably my best idea yet. Sorry conversation heart cookies. You’ve been replaced.
But when I took to the internet to get some inspiration for dinner for one most ideas I found listed sandwiches as dinner for one. Obviously I know how to make just one sandwich, Internet.
Other popular options included drinks. Or dessert. Apparently the internet thinks single people are lonely and sad and eating their feelings… While that may be true it’s not what I was going for.
Enter this sweet and spicy shrimp pasta. Just fancy enough to feel like a treat. Because tail on shrimp. But easy and comfort food-y enough to not put you off making it. I mean no one wants to go to all the trouble of a 2 hour, 10 pot meal just for one, y’know?
So however you’re spending your Valentine’s Day this year, remember to treat yo’ self with this delicious and simple pasta for one that’ll be on the table (or your lap, no judgement) in under 30 minutes!
- 1/2 Tbs garlic powder
- zest of one small lime,, about 1/2 - 1 tsp
- 2 oz spaghetti,, uncooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- juice of one small lime,, about 1 - 1 1/2 Tbs
- 2 Tbs honey
- 4 oz medium tail on shrimp,, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- In a small pot cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- In a medium pan add olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and shrimp and cook over medium heat until shrimp are pink.*
- Add honey, lime, red pepper flakes, and pasta and stir until coated. Serve immediately.
*If you use frozen tail on shrimp like I did let them defrost in the fridge first to alleviate excess water in your cooking pan.