Pancakes layered with raspberry preserves and white chocolate chips are the perfect treat for a weekend breakfast, brunch, or even dinner!
I absolutely love pancakes. Some nights if I don’t feel like cooking dinner I will make breakfast which generally includes pancakes, bacon, and some fruit. Maybe grits. I love grits almost as much as I love pancakes. But before I get off topic…did you know there was a National Pancake Day?! Neither did I until I happened to see it on a sign at IHOP a few weeks ago. I knew then that I wanted to create a yummy pancake recipe to honor such a precious, precious day.
I tried these raspberry white chocolate chip pancakes a few different ways but this one was my favorite. Read: less messy and/or complicated. On a side note if you have an easy way to swirl raspberry jam into pancakes that doesn’t involve either a pink pancake or a gloopy, sticky mess please let me know!
I figured since IHOP gets away with layering their fluffy delicious pancakes with super yummy fillings and calling it a day then I can, too. And the result is a perfectly sweet, slightly tart stack of raspberry white chocolate chip goodness that will blow you away. You don’t even need syrup for these which is really saying something considering my family is the king of syrup drowners.
This pancake base is perfect for just about anything you want to add in there. Blueberries? Great! Crumbled bacon? Sure! Chocolate chips? Yes, please! You really can’t mess these pancakes up and if you’re looking for a pancake great for little hands check out these pancake poppers I whipped up for Proverbial Homemaker.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbs sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 1 egg
- ½ cup raspberry preserves or jam
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar and mix till combined.
- Melt butter and whisk in milk and egg.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined, careful not to over mix.
- Spray pan with cooking spray or butter and ladle batter into hot pan by ¼ cup fulls.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs white chocolate chips over each pancake before flipping.
- Layer pancakes with preserves or jam and serve hot.